PATENTS AND PATENT APPLICATIONS (17 licensed to industry)
1. C.W. Macosko and L.J. Lee, "Reaction Injection Molding Machine," U.S. Patent 4,189,070, February 19 (1980).
2. L.J. Lee, J.F. Stevenson and R.M. Griffith, "Method of Producing an Extrudate Having Controlled Shape and Size," U.S. Patent 4,425,289, January 19 (1984).
3. L.J. Lee, R. Saito and Y.Y. Chiu, "Modification of Unsaturated Polyester Resins for Viscosity Control," U.S. Patent 5,561,192, October 1 (1996).
4. W.D. White, M.A. Sagai, L.J. Lee, and K. Han, "System and Method for Modeling Plastic Molding and Molding Parts Incorporating the SAME," U.S. Patent 5,581,468 (1996).
5. L. J. Lee, K.W. Koelling, D.L. Tomasko, X. Han and C. Zeng, “Polymer Nanocomposite Foams”, U.S. Patent 6,759,446, July 6 (2004).
6. R.R. Loh, M.E. Polasky, Y. Delaviz, L.J. Lee, X. Cao, J. Shen and B. Patel, “Polystyrene Foam Containing a Modifier-Free Nanoclay and Having Improved Fire Protection Performance”, U.S. Patent 11/221,522 (2005).
7. L. J. Lee, K.W. Koelling, D.L. Tomasko, X. Han and C. Zeng, “Polymer Nanocomposite Foams”, U.S. Patent 7,026,365, April 11 (2006).
8. L.J Lee and S. Lai, “Gas-Assisted Resin Injection Technique for Bonding and Surface Modification of Microfluidic Devices”, U.S. Patent 7,122,093, October 17 (2006).
9. L.J. Lee and C. Zeng, “Clay Nanocomposites Prepared by In-Situ Polymerization”, U.S. Patent 07,129,287B1, October 31 (2006).
10. J. Guan, L.J. Lee and D. Hansford, “Fabrication of Polymeric Micro-Devices for Drug Delivery by Surface Patterning and Self-Folding”, U.S. Patent 7,364,675, April 29 (2008).
11. L.J. Lee, D.L. Tomasko, Y. Yang and C. Zeng, “Carbon Dioxide Assisted Processing and Bonding of Polymer and Polymer Composites”, U.S. Patent 7,501,039, March 10 (2009).
12. R.R. Loh, M.E. Polasky, J.P. Rynd, L.J. Lee, X. Han and K.W. Koelling, “Polymer Foams Containing Multi-functional Layered Nano-graphite”, U.S. Patent 7,605,188, October 20 (2009).
13. A. Epstein, L.J. Lee, C. Lu and N-R Chiou, “Fabrication Methods and Applications of Alligned and Oriented Nanofibers of Polyaniline and Their Derivatives”, U.S. Patent 8,038,907, October 18 (2011).
14. L.J. Lee, G. Zhou and X. Cao, “A Method of Preparing a Composite with Disperse Long Fibers and Nanoparticles”, U.S. Patent 8,143,337, March 27 (2012).
15. A. Epstein, L.J. Lee and N-R Chiou, “Aligned Nanostructured Polymers”, U.S. Patent 8,293,140, October 23 (2012).
16. L.J. Lee, J. Yang, S-K Yeh and N-R Chiou, “Suspension Polymerization and Foaming of Water Containing Activated Carbon-Nano/Microparticulate Polymer Composites”, U.S. Patent 8507568B2, August 13 (2013).
17. L.J. Lee, D. Guerra, S Movva and Y.G. Min, “Layer-by-Layer Fabrication of Sprayed Nanopaper”, U.S. Patent 8,574,677, November 5 (2013).
18. L.J. Lee, P. Boukany, J. Guan and N. Chiou, “Dose and Location Controlled Drug /Gene/Particle Delivery to Individual Cells by Nanoelectroporation”, U.S. Patent 9,816,086, November 14 (2017).
18. L J. Lee, S. Wang, Y. Xie, C. Zeng, C-G Koh, Z. Fei, "Drug and Gene Delivery by Polymer Nanonozzle and Nanotip Cell Patch for Drug and Gene Delivery", U.S. Patent Application No. 12/090,958 filed on May 27 (2008).
19. R.J. Lee, B. Yu and L.J. Lee, “Lipid Nanoparticle Compositions and Methods of Making and Using the Same”, U.S. Patent Application No. 12/810,900 filed on August 23 (2010) and Canadian Patent Application No. 2,710,983 filed on December 23 (2008).
20. J. Byrd, N. Muthusamy, R. Lee, L.J. Lee, R. Lapalombella, B. Yu, “Methods and Compositions for Delivering Therapeutic Agents in the Treatment of B-Cell Disorders”, U.S. Patent Application No. 13/056,009 filed on January 26 (2011).
21. N-R Chiou, L.J. Lee, J. Yang and S-K Yeh, “Surfactant-Free Synthesis and Foaming of Liquid Blowing Agent-Containing Activated Carbon Nano/Microparticulate Polymer Composites”, U.S. Patent Application No. 12/995,042 filed on June 19 (2011).
22. L.J. Lee, P. Boukany, J. Guan and N. Chiou, “Dose and Location Controlled Drug /Gene/Particle Delivery to Individual Cells by Nanoelectroporation”, U.S. Patent Application No. 13/177,514 filed on July 6, (2011).
23. Y.G. Min and L.J. Lee, “Functional Polymers and Their Composites for CO2 Sequestration and CO2 Releasing, Fertilizer Conversion, CO2 Foaming, and Their Applications”, Provisional Patent Application No. EG366736788US on April 27, 2010, U.S. Patent Application PCT/US2011/ filed on April 27 (2011).
24. W. Huang, Y Min and L.J. Lee, “Functionalization of Carbon and Non-carbon Particles and Their Applications”, U.S. Provisional Patent Application No. 61/629,939 on December 1 (2011).
25. L.J. Lee, G. Marcucci, R.J. Lee, X. Huang, B. Yu and S. Schwind, “ Novel, Anionic, Lipid-Based Nanoparticles for Targeted Delivery of MicroRNAs to Cancer Cells”, Invention Disclosure filed on May 2012.
26. L.J. Lee, W. Huang and J. Yu, “Covalently-Bonded Graphene Coating and Its Applications Therefore”, U.S. Patent Application PCT No. 14/409,815 on December 19, 2014.
27. L.J. Lee, K.J. Kwak, B. Yu and Y. Wu, “Tethered Lipoplex Nanoparticle Microarray Containing Molecular Probes for Cell, Microvesicles, Exosomes and Virus Capture and Detection”, U.S. Patent Application No. 10/044,631 on October 2 (2013).
28. L.J. Lee, Y-C Yen, T. Lee and D. Chiu, “Polymer Nanocomposite and Foam Structure and Method for Making the Same”, U.S. Provisional Patent Application No. 61/854,666 on April 29 (2013).
29. L.J. Lee and D. Gallego-Perez, “A Platform with a Massively Parallel Array of Nano- to Submicron-scale Channels for Controlled Electrotransfection of Cells”, Invention Disclosure filed on June 30 (2013).
30. L.J. Lee, J. Yu and Y-C Yen, “ Graphene-like Nanosheet Structure Network on a Substrate and the Method for Forming the Same”, U.S. Patent Application No. 14/335,072 on July 18 (2014).
31. L.J. Lee, K.J. Kwak, A. Lee, “Immuno Lipoplex Nanoparticle Array Biochip Containing Molecular Probes for Capture and Characterization of Extracellular Vesicles”, U.S. Provisional Patent Application No. 62/124,993 on January 9 (2015).
32. L.J. Lee, S.P. Nana-Sinkam, Z. Yang and Y. Wu, “Exosomal TTF-1 and TKTL-1 mRNAs as a Blood Biomarker in Lung Cancer Detection”, U.S. Provisional Patent Application No. 62/125,081 on January 12 (2015).
33. L.J. Lee, J. Yu, S-C. Yu and Y-C Yen, “Graphene-carbide Coated Heating Utensils”, U.S. Provisional Patent Application No. 62/176,380 on February 17 (2015).